Capitol Records
By college student standards, the October 2013 release of Night Time, My Time is not that new-- but whatevs, "I Blame Myself" is fresh enough for me. This track is addicting. It's been in high rotation on my college's indie station lately, and the catchy and smooth beat has been stuck in my head as I walk around campus, trying to look intriguing and jaded as if I was the star of this song's video. Don't worry, I acted cool.... It's interesting how the peppy beat is juxtaposed with the self-depreciating lyrics. With a couple listens I started to pick up on the deep tension within the speaker of the song (getting literary over here) and then I was like "OH." That song just Rod Stewart Maggie Mayed me. If you don't know that reference, 1)What? 2)Brush up on your easy listening radio 3)Prepare to fight your laughter whenever the song is used at family gatherings or in "positive" commercials. Ferreira's debut has been labelled on-point by a bunch of critics and she was an opener on Miley Cyrus's Bangerz tour, until she cut herself during her performance and had to take a break to let the 60-stitch wound heal. Hopefully she gets better and continues to produce more "OH" synthpop.
|
No comments:
Post a Comment