Tuesday, March 11, 2014

March 11, 2014: 311

311-- Come Original

Capricorn Records

Then, t.f. MTV

So apparently it's 311 day.  Get it? 3/11? Yeah. Never heard about this super smart marketing move until I was listening to Philly's 104.5 today.  I didn't realize how many hits 311 had, nor how they're still a thing and producing new music.  On 3/11/04, the band played a monster 5 HOUR SET.  The DVD of that concert went Platinum. Major props for that. And they continue to go back to New Orleans on 3/11, like today!

Now t.f. Billboard
The Nebraskan band had two albums before making it big with their self-title smash.  "Come Original," from 1999's Soundsystem, was their first single on MTV-- back in those days of TRL. Sigh.  Not everything had that polished look to it like it does now and guys wore button-downs with t-shirts. I could go on about more 90s-ness and about 311's and Adele's covers of The Cure's "Love Song"... and I will-- soon!




No comments:

Post a Comment